We agree that there aren’t many fun indoor activities.
Flying radio controlled helicopters outdoors is considered a hobby that everyone enjoys. But what if we tell you that there were RC helicopters that you could fly indoors as well.
Having said that, let us have a look at the best indoor radio controlled helicopters.
After our extensive research, we would consider these three to be at the top because of their characteristics.
Now, let us review our top 7 picks for the best indoor radio controlled helicopters.
Best Indoor Radio Controlled Helicopters - Top 7 Reviews
1. Best All-Around Helicopter - E-flite Blade mCX2 RTF RC Helicopter Review (Best indoor radio controlled helicopter)
The E-flite Blade mCX2 RTF comes fully assembled and is ideal for those who look for a nearly complete package. It comes with a control unit, a mixer, a receiver (2.4GHz), servos with full proportion, and the gyro.
You will be able to fly this copter in the dark as well because of its flashing LED lights. Its transmitter is a 4-channel type that will allow you to control the copter from farther distances.
This copter comes with a counter-rotating rotor and a coaxial rotor that give the chopper 100% maneuverability in sharp turns with minimal control.
The stability of this copter is also pretty good. Hence, even kids around 4 to 7 years old can fly it easily. Overall, we would consider this helicopter to be flawless and powerful that will please people of all ages.
Features of E-flite Blade mCX2 RTF RC Helicopter (Best indoor radio controlled helicopter)
- User-controlled swash settings
- Dimensions are: 8 x 4.7 x 3.1 inches
- Includes LED lights
- Uses radio frequency
- 5 in 1 control unit
If you’re looking for an indoor helicopter that is easy for people of all ages to fly, then the E-flite Blade mCX2 RTF RC Helicopter is the one we would recommend. It comes with flashing LED lights and has great speed.
2. Best Helicopter for Beginners - Syma S111G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter With Gyro Review
Are you looking for an indoor RC helicopter to give it as a gift to your child? Then the Syma S111G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter With Gyro may be a great option.
This helicopter is perfect for beginners as it is super stable and easy to fly around. It also comes cheaper because of its battery, which is made of lithium polymer. However, this battery is not long lasting as lithium-ion type batteries.
We found this helicopter to take around 40 minutes to fully charge. The flight time of this heli is about 6-8 minutes, with a maximum distance of up to 8 meters. A spare tail blade also comes packed inside the box, in case you crash it and feel the need of a replacement.
Features of Syma S111G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter With Gyro
- Motor type: brushed
- Battery type: Lithium Polymer (LiPO battery)
- Charge time: 30-40 minutes
- Flight time is 6-8 minutes
- Comes with a remote control and a USB charging cable
3. Best Helicopter For Kids - Haktoys HAK303 RC Helicopter Review
Out of all the helicopters we reviewed, this helicopter was the only one designed for kids with ages 12 and below.
Not only that, several characteristics of this helicopter also made us believe that it has been designed to meet the needs of the kids. The flexible design of the helicopter is made to withstand frequent crashes. Along with that, the mini remote control is also designed to suit the capability level of the kids.
This helicopter comes in two exciting colors for the kids to choose from. Moreover, it has an ideal charging time of 30 minutes.
Features of Haktoys HAK303 RC Helicopter
- It has adjustable speeds
- Built-in Gyroscope for maximum stability
- 30 minutes charging time
- Built with flexible material
- Infrared controlled
- Available in two colors: blue and green
4. Best Budget RC Helicopter - Syma S107G RC Helicopter Review
The Syma S107G RC helicopter is suitable for kids with ages 14 and above. We really love this RC helicopter because it comes with its own helipad. And not to our surprise, it has been considered as one of the best indoor RC helicopters of all time. It can be flown outdoors as well. However, the wind can affect your flight as this helicopter is very light.
This helicopter is quite durable as it is mainly made of metal. Because of the strong material used, it will not be cracking anytime soon even if you drop it or crash it.
We found this helicopter really easy to fly. The joystick of this copter is really large, that makes it easy to control the copter.
As for the charging time, this copter takes about 30 minutes to fully charge and will keep up for around 8-12 minutes of flight time.
Features of Syma S107G RC Helicopter
- Has two joysticks for control
- Two selectable frequencies
- Full three Channels: Up, Down, Left, Right, Forward and Backward
- Dimensions: 8.7 x3.9 x 1.5 inches
- The transmitter has an alignment adjustment, a charger, and power
5. Best Stylish Indoor Helicopter - Syma S109G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter With Gyro Review
The design of this helicopter is based on the American AH-64 Apache combat helicopter, and we must admit that the resemblance is quite impressive.
As compared to other indoor helicopters, you will find this heli to be a bit slow with the forward and backward movements. However, this makes it easy to control.
The lithium polymer battery of this helicopter takes around 30 minutes to fully charge and runs for about 8 minutes. There are multiple options available for you to charge this helicopter that include: charging directly from AC outlet, charging directly from the controller, or charging using USB compatible devices like laptop.
This model does not come with spare parts but they can be found online. However, you will find them to be relatively expensive.
Features of Syma S109G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter With Gyro
- LED lights for flying at night
- Motor type: brushed
- Battery type: Lithium Polymer (LiPO battery)
- Number of channels: 3
- Battery life : 8 minutes
6. Best Dual-Mode Helicopter - Hero H911 RC Helicopter Review
When it comes to looks, we would consider this helicopter to be our favorite. It isn’t too shabby in its performance either. We would also recommend this helicopter as an ideal fit for beginners because it is made of plastic.
This helicopter can be used for both indoor and outdoor activities, and it will only cost you about $40. Therefore, even if you crash this helicopter, you won’t be as sad as you would be in case of crashing a $400 helicopter.
You can also rest assured about replacing broken parts, as this helicopter comes with extra spare parts in the box.
Features of Hero H911 RC Helicopter
- Dual mode operation
- Has an LCD transmitter
- Cyclic Servo Control
- Made of plastic
7. Best Mini RC Helicopter- Cheerwing S107 RC Helicopter With Gyro Review
This helicopter is called a ‘big boy helicopter’, however, anyone can fly it easily. The reason Cheerwing S107 made it to our list is because it comes with a classy look and some really cool features.
The blue color in this helicopter depicts an appearance of a military-grade helicopter. An infrared remote control comes with this helicopter which has three main parts: two control stick and a central knob.
The central knob allows you to tune in the frequency. Whereas, the control sticks allow you to go back and forth and turn left and right.
This helicopter is extremely light in weight and hence, can only be used indoors because the slightest gust of wind can spin it out of control.
Features of Cheerwing S107 RC Helicopter With Gyro
- Available in three different colors- blue, yellow, and red
- 2 selectable frequencies
- Flight time is 6 minutes
- Easily rechargeable with USB
- Has a flashing LED light for night flying
What to Look For in an Indoor Radio Controlled Helicopter?
A few factors you might want to consider before buying an indoor RC helicopter are:
- Durability: even if you’re a professional, you’re most likely to experience bad crashes during your flight time. So, it is very important to choose a copter that is durable.
- Stability: stability refers to how much easier it is for you to fly a helicopter whether you are a beginner or a professional. So, always choose a helicopter that is easier to control.
- Number of channels: if you’re a beginner, a helicopter with even two channels might be enough for you but if you’re a professional, then you might need a copter with a four channel system and advanced features.
- Size: different copters come in different sizes. So, it is advisable to choose the size that is easier for you to handle.
- Charging time: it is also important to consider a copter with a suitable charging time between 30 minutes to 1 hour. A lithium-ion battery is considered to take less time than a model with a powerful battery. So, it is better to choose what fits your needs.
Will my Kids be Able to Fly the Choppers Without Help or Supervision?
Battery-operated RC choppers are considered fine for kids so you can leave them to fly their helicopters independently. Some helicopters are particularly easy to control and have a short range, so they are quite safe. However, some models will need you supervise your kids while they’re playing with them. So, make sure you choose the model that is the best and safest for your kid.
Which Parts Help an Indoor RC Helicopter to Fly?
The three parts that help an indoor RC helicopter to fly are:
- The main rotor system
- The tail rotor system
- The engine
Are Indoor Radio Controlled Helicopters Safe to Fly?
Yes, these helicopters are specially designed and tested to be flown indoors. The range and speed of indoor helicopters is kept less than outdoor RC helicopters to avoid accidents and to access easier control.
Can I Fly My Indoor RC helicopter Outdoors?
Not all indoor radio controlled helicopters can be flown outdoors because indoor RC helicopters have slightly different features than outdoor RC helicopters. Although, some models are designed to be flown both indoor and outdoor. So, you might want to check this feature before buying a radio controlled helicopter.
Because of its immense gain in popularity, radio controlled helicopters can now be flown both indoors and outdoors. There are many models for you to choose from. Moreover, they are made for all ages. So, kids as well as grown-ups can take on helicopter flying as a hobby.
In the end, the E-flite Blade mCX2 RTF is the winner for us. It comes with cool LED lights that allow you to fly it even in the dark. Not only does it have cool features, but it also has great speed and agility. Moreover, it comes fully assembled, saving you from all the trouble of joining the parts together.
This concludes our article for the best indoor radio controlled helicopters. We have done all the research to make it easy for you to choose the one that best suits your needs.
Do give us your feedback. Happy flying!