Do you have two or more children under the age of 5? If yes, then we wish godspeed to you because we know taking care of them is one of the hardest things in life!
Let us suggest a way to calm the storm while you also get to take care of yourself. Our solution is to get the best sit and stand stroller. Not only will they have a great time, you will be a happier parent.
Today we are going through a list of the best sit and stand strollers for your kids.
Moreover, they will enjoy nature and all of you can bond together.
But, before we get into the detailed review – let’s have a quick review of our top picks!
Now, that we have taken a look at our best. runner up and also great best sit and stand stroller – let’s take a detailed review about our top 5 picks!
Best Sit and Stand Stroller Reviews
1. Best Affordable Sit And Stand Stroller - Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller Review
Baby Trend Sit N Stand stroller is ideal for parents looking for a robust and affordable solution. It has wheels big enough to provide easy maneuvering and smooth ride for the baby. Let’s review this one.
- Can accommodate 2 children and 2 infant car seats. However, you will have to buy the seats individually.
- Baby seat is padded and very comfy.
- Compatible with all Baby Trend Infant Car Seat.
- Large basket underneath the stroller.
- Compact and very easy to fold – ideal for travel.
- Each seat individually holds 50 pounds of weight.
- Nylon and metal body and components.
- Has five-point harness to provide maximum protection.
- Child tray can be removed and folded easily.
- Very well priced.
- Foot activated break for added safety.
- The front seat reclines decently, but not all the way back. Your toddler has lesser space to stand.
- Large and removable canopy.
Baby Trend is a household name by now and has been in the business for over 30 years. They are the pioneers of the sit and stand stroller and, hence, have innovative ideas and technology. If you are looking for a high quality stroller that will last you years, then you the Sit N Stand might be the perfect fit for you.
2. Best Lightweight Sit And Stand Stroller - Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller Review
The Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller is a shorter than the Baby Trend stroller. Therefore, it is much easier to maneuver. The four-wheel suspension provides a smoother and more comfortable ride.
Let’s review this one.
- The baby seat faces the front and the rear seat is for the toddler to sit and stand.
- Comes with a universal car seat adapter, therefore, you can attach most of the infant car seats.
- Car seat can’t be attached to the back of the stroller.
- You can separately purchase a reclining seat (front-facing) and put it in the standing area – saves money by not having to buy a double stroller.
- 45 pounds weight capacity on each individual seat.
- Canopy is large and covers both seats adequately.
- When fully reclined, the front seat takes some space of the rear seat. However, it is still comfortable enough for the toddler to stand.’
- Lacks parent cup holder
- The storage area is not that large. It is still good enough to keep a couple of things.
- Front wheel can be locked.
- Weighs only 28 pounds.
- 2 years warranty.
3. Best Versatile Sit And Stand Stroller - Austlen Entourage Baby & Toddler Stroller Review
Austlen Entourage will catch your eyes in a matter of half a second. Why? Because it is a beautifully designed and styled stroller. The stroller gives off a really elegant vibe, all the while keeping your children comfortable and happy.
Let’s review this one.
- Comes with 30 configurations – accommodates two car seat, two children, a reclining seat, a platform rider, etc and so many more accessories.
- Has high storage capacity since the storage basket is huge.
- Heavy duty suspension effectively absorb shock.
- Rugged tires for smooth and comfortable ride.
- One-hand expansion in one second.
- Easy and compact fold, so it is travel friendly.
- Large canopy that shades both children.
- Excellent quality fabric.
- Stylish design.
- 1 year warranty.
- Weighs 44.4 pounds.
- 165 pounds is the maximum weight recommendation.
If you are looking for an all-in-one sit and stand stroller that looks and works like a very high-end stroller, then you might want to give this one a try. You can have a lot of accessories that are both standard and optional.
4. Best Comfortable Sit And Stand Stroller - Graco RoomFor2 Stand And Ride Double Stroller Review
The Graco RoomFor2 Stand And Ride Double Stroller offers very comfortable rear seat for your standing child. It is ideal for parents who want the most cosy stroller for their children.
Let’s see what this one can do.
- Maximum weight capacity on each chair is 50 lbs.
- Compatible with Graco SnugRide Classic Connect and Click Connect Infant Car Seats.
- Only need one hand to fold it.
- Cup holders are included in the child tray.
- The bench on the platform is padded adequately, so your child is very comfortable.
- Front seat can recline fully.
- Front wheel can swivel.
- 5-point harness for the front seat and a 3-point harness for the rear.
- Car seat can be adjusted on the front seat.
- Parent tray has two cup holders and extra space for phone, wallet, etc.
- Removable seat cushion that are also machine washable.
If you are looking for a strong sit and stand stroller under $150 that is safe and comfortable, then this might be perfect for you. It provides ample room for both of your children while they enjoy their ride.
5. Best Robust Sit And Stand Stroller - Chicco BravoFor2 Sit And Stand Double Stroller Review
The Chicco BravoFor2 looks great and is very intuitive to use. You will find it very stable and comfortable. It is a hefty and secure stroller which is going to last a long time.
Here’s the features of this sit and stand stroller.
- Weight limit for both ends is 40 lbs each.
- 5-point harness for front seat and a 3-point harness for the rear seat.
- 2-position recline seat.
- Can be folded with one hand.
- Can accommodate car seats of Chicco and major brands.
- Weighs only 26.5 pounds.
- Infant car seat secures easily with an audible double click.
- Front seat has a large adjustable canopy.
- Parent tray with cup holders.
- Large storage compartment.
- Very compact when folded.
- Easy grip handles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In this section, we have gathered a list of questions that are frequently asked by parents – including us when we started our research on sit and stand strollers.
What Is A Sit And Stand Stroller?
Sit and Stand is typically a lightweight stroller that is preferred by parent with a baby and a toddler. The front of the stroller has the usual seat for the baby while a platform and a bench are present at the back. Your toddler can sit and stand here however he/she pleases. Hence, these strollers are ideal for kids who are over 2 years apart.
Older kids like their independence and certainly do not like to be bound to a chair. Therefore, they love these stroller more than the other ones.
Why Get A Sit And Stand Stroller?
One of our top reasons for getting a sit and stand stroller would be its versatility. If parents are going to a busy or crowded area, they generally feel safer keeping their kids at one place. This is especially nice to have when you are alone on the street with your baby and toddler. Moreover, these strollers normally have large baskets, so they are great for any sort of outing.
What Is The Typical Weight Of A Sit And Stand Stroller?
Many parents think that a sit and stand stroller would be heavy. However, it is not as heavy as other strollers and can weigh around 20 to 30 pounds. From how we view this, it is a pretty lightweight.
Is A Sit And Stand Stroller Hard To Fold?
You may think that since the stroller has a platform and a bench, it may weigh a lot and, hence, be very hard to fold. However, it is very easy to fold and can be stored anywhere. It does not take a lot of space.
Can I Attach My Car Seat To A Sit And Stand Stroller?
One of the things that is most important for many parents while buying a stroller is its ability to accept a car seat. Most sit and stand strollers actually do that. All you have to do it attach it to the front seat and you are done. You can also have it face forward or backwards depending on your baby’s mood.
How Much Weight Does It Take?
A sit and stand stroller typically holds around 45 to 55 pounds. It mostly depends on the model you have. The weight is obviously equally divided between the front and the back, otherwise there would be balance issues.
Are Sit And Strollers Safe?
When we first started looking into a sit and stand stroller, we were concerned about its safety. Especially since a toddler has a lot more freedom than in a typical stroller. We were glad to know that the front seats come with a five-point harness while the rear one has a three-point harness. Now you may know by now that a five-point harness gives the utmost safety. However, at the rear seat, it provides substantial safety and you do not have to worry about it.
Double Stroller vs Sit and Stand Stroller
A double stroller is typically ideal for twins or children with little age gaps, like one or two years. Since both of them will be seated, you need two individual seats for them. However, a sit and stand stroller is ideal for parents who have a toddler and a baby.
Toddlers do not like to sit for longer periods of time. They will leave their seats, play around a bit, come back to sit for a while and run off again. For conditions like these, a double stroller would not be the first choice of parents. If you are thinking about getting a double stroller, check out our list of the best double strollers for your kids.
Are They Easy To Maneuver?
A sit and stand stroller may seem really big at first. However, when you sit using it, you will realize that it is actually very easy to maneuver. The wheels are designed so as to provide smooth and comfortable rides.
Can A Sit And Stand Stroller Be Used For More Than Two Children?
The quick and easy answer is: yes! There is a wide variety of sit and stand strollers in the market. They come in model that can hold three or even four children. That will increase the overall weight, but it is nice to have one product that is compact and gets the job done.
How Much Do Sit And Stand Stroller Cost?
Like we said before, there are so many options in the market, each varying in sizes and features. That said, you can get a standard sit and stand stroller between $100 and $500. Regardless of which design or company you choose, be mindful about the safety features. There is no point of getting a $500 stroller that do not come with a five-point harness.
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Sit And Stand Stroller
Before you buy a sit and stand stroller, consider the following things. It may be wise to know what you are getting yourself into before you buy the product.
Wheels On A Sit And Stand Stroller
Generally, a sit and stand stroller will not have huge wheels. There is less suspension in the stroller and, hence, they are great for smooth surfaces, but not so much for rough ones. They are lightweight owing to the lack of a huge suspension system.
Many parents expect these strollers to work great on all sorts of terrains. However, you would have to consider that there are two kids on the stroller. So if you are looking for a stroller that moves smoothly on all surfaces, you should go for an all terrain stroller.
Front Seat vs Rear Seat
A lot of parents expect a huge space for their older kid when they hear the platform. However, contrary to common belief, the front seat actually takes a lot of space, especially when the older child is sitting. So if your toddler needs to be seated for longer durations, getting a full-sized rear seat might be a good option.
Sometimes the infant is not at the front, but at the rear end. This may also be a good alternative. Lastly, you can also opt for a regular tandem stroller in such a case.
Can I Use Sit And Stand Stroller For Car Trips?
There is a common practice among many parents where they take a sit and stand stroller for their car trips and use an all terrain stroller for jogging, hiking or trekking. This is a great idea because an all terrain stroller is much more expensive than your usual sit and stand stroller. So yes, you can use a these strollers for your car trips.
Age Of Your Children
If your child is under the age of 2, it is recommend that they ride in front seat. If they are older than 2, then they can safely ride at the back. Some strollers can even accommodate children up to the age of 6. Therefore, these strollers are ideal for going out for long walks. Your children can take breaks in between while they play.
Lastly, do not forget to check the weight limit and the safety requirements of the stroller. Safe children mean happier children and parents.
Things To Look For In A Sit And Stand Stroller
Now that you have decided to purchase a sit and stand stroller, there are some things you should keep in mind. Here, we have gathered a list of features and things you would like to know beforehand.
First and foremost, see the weight capacity of your stroller. It should be at least over 30 pounds for each side.
Height Of The Stroller
You should also take a look at the height of the stroller, especially if you are shorter or taller than the average person. Having an adjustable handle can also be a wonderful feather to have. Making sure of these factors make for an easier pushing and maneuvering of the stroller.
Having a five point harness should always be your priority. You have to make sure that not only your baby at the front is safe, but also the little one at the back. Make sure there are safety features present. Moreover, having locked wheels can be a great option as well. It will add a little more to the safety measure in the product.
Price Of Your Stroller
Whenever you are buying a stroller (or any product, actually) always keep your budget in mind. Once you have decided that, stick to it. We know that it can be hard to do it, even more so if there are so many designs, styles and features being offered. However, as hard as it may be, stick to it. This is going to be one of the top factors for choosing a stroller. That said, do not compromise safety for money. You can get really safe strollers in budget friendly prices, but never let that put your children’s safety on the line.
How Easy It Is To Maneuver It?
A stroller should make your life easier, not harder. Therefore, look for strollers that are easier to push and maneuver. If your neighborhood has a lot of sharp turns, you will want a stroller that actually does it. Do not buy one that is hard to push around corners.
We hope that this article has been helpful in your search for the best sit and stand stroller for your children. Regardless of what anyone says, the choice is yours. We just recommend you keep the safety of your children as the top priority when buying a stroller.