We agree that it is important for your kids to have good dental health.
It is true that adult toothbrushes can be a little hard for kids to use. But what if there was a way for kids to brush their teeth in a safe and easy way and buying the best toddler toothbrush was the solution?
Now that we have your attention, let us have a look at the best toddler toothbrushes.
The above mentioned toothbrushes stood out the most for us because of their unique and useful features.
Now, let us have a look at our top 10 reviews for best toddler toothbrushes and have a detailed insight on them.
Best Toddler Toothbrush - Top 10 Reviews
1. Best First Toothbrush - Jordan Step 1 Baby Toothbrush Review
Features of Jordan Step 1 Baby Toothbrush
- Made from BPA free material
- Available in a variety of colors
- Comes in a pack of four
- Non-toxic and chewing grip
2. Best Electric Toothbrush - Brush Baby BabySonic Electric Toothbrush Review
The most important thing to research before buying an electric toothbrush is to make sure you buy an age appropriate one. If you don’t, it might prove to be not-so-friendly for your child’s mouth.
The Brush Baby BabySonic Electric Toothbrush isn’t quite aggressive as some of the adult electric toothbrushes you might’ve heard of. Alternatively, it vibrates quite gently to clean your baby’s teeth.
The most interesting and helpful feature in this baby toothbrush would be the light. Because of the two-minute light time and the thirty-second pulse reminder, your baby will not forget to brush all areas of his/her mouth.
Features of Brush Baby BabySonic Electric Toothbrush
- Made from non-toxic and food-grade materials
- Comes with 2 tiny replaceable brush heads
- Unique 2 minute light timer
- Has a 30 second pulse reminder
- Includes 1 AAA battery
- Available in three colors: teal, pink, and blue
If you’re looking for an electric toothbrush with gentle vibrations, then the Brush Baby BabySonic Electric Toothbrush is the one we recommend. It has soft bristles and removes plaque from teeth thoroughly.
3. Best For Difficult Toddlers - Brusheez Kids Electric Toothbrush Review
This electric toothbrush comes in a set with a lot of accessories. Because this toothbrush set comes in attractively fun designs, the toddlers will soon forget they hate brushing their teeth.
The set consists of a cute little rinse cup, a replacement head for the toothbrush, and a stand to hold everything. Moreover, it comes in four different animal designs for you to choose from.
To keep the toothbrush clean, it comes with a cover to protect it from dust particles. The two-minute sand timer in this toothbrush will also make brushing time fun and easy.
Features of Brusheez Kids Electric Toothbrush
- Available in 4 different designs to choose from
- Uses 2 AA batteries
- Comes with a large number of accessories
- 5 years warranty
- The brush vibrates and rotates
4. Best For Sore Gums - Colgate My Toothbrush Review
You won’t find this toothbrush to be quite fancy. However, it will prove to be a really good choice for babies with sore gums. Because of its extra soft bristles, it won’t irritate your baby’s inflamed gums at all.
This toddler toothbrush comes in a pack of six. You will experience it to be just the right toothbrush for babies who have cut their first tooth. Moreover, it can be used by kids upto the age of two.
We found the non-slip handle of this toddler toothbrush to be quite fascinating. It provides a firm grip to you and your baby even if it gets wet.
Features of Colgate My Toothbrush
- Weighs around 4 ounces
- Has a non-slip handle
- Available in 2 colors: pink and blue
- Comes in a pack of six
5. Best Finger Toothbrush - BabyBaus Finger Toothbrush Review
Most toddlers find finger toothbrushes a lot less intimidating than regular-sized toothbrushes. So, if your baby has been a little resistant to using a normal toddler toothbrush, you might want to use a finger toothbrush for them.
These toddler finger toothbrushes will stay clean when not in use as they come in a carrying case. Because of these cases, you can easily carry these finger toothbrushes for travel.
Approved by the FDA, these BabyBaus Finger toothbrushes are made of 100% food grade material. These toothbrushes come in a pack of three and have soft bristles for your baby’s mouth and teeth.
Features of BabyBaus Finger Toothbrush
- Casas available in 3 different colors – blue, pink, and clear
- Dual-sided design allows cleaning of tongue
- Made from toxic free material
6. Best Innovative Baby Toothbrush - Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush and Teether Review
The baby banana toddler toothbrush will surely be a-peel-ing to your little one. This toothbrush has a kid-friendly design. The banana peel doubles can be used an a handle and are super easy for your little one to grasp firmly. Hence, making it a good training brush for kids.
Soft bristles on the head of this toothbrush will clean your child’s teeth as well as massage their aching gums.
This toothbrush can also be used as a teether for your little one. We would advise you to keep it in the freezer for a little while before your child uses it. The cold temperature is another way to provide relief to your child’s aching gums.
Features of Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush and Teether
- Available in various fun designs
- Bristles made from soft silicone
- Dishwasher and freezer friendly
- Made from BPA, latex, and phthalate free materials
If you’re looking for a toothbrush with fun fruit designs for your baby, then the Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush and Teether is the one we recommend. It has thick and soft bristles and soothes sore gums.
7. Best Toothbrush for Toddlers - Dr. Brown’s Infant-to-Toddler Toothbrush Review
We found the Dr. Brown’s Infant-to-Toddler Toothbrush to be the perfect training brush for toddlers. This toothbrush comes with a fluoride-free toothpaste that is safe to swallow. Because of that, your little one can practice brushing his/her teeth from a very young age.
Comfort and fun can be considered as two major components to encourage your little one to start brushing their teeth.
The comfort grip handle makes it easy for little hands to hold this toothbrush. Moreover, the Elephant like shape makes brushing teeth a pleasurable experience for kids.
Features of Dr. Brown’s Infant-to-Toddler Toothbrush
- Comes with fluoride-free fruit-flavoured toothpaste
- Available in 2 colors: pink and blue
- Safe to swallow toothpaste
- Shaped like an elephant
8. Best Shape Baby Toothbrush - Brilliant Baby Toothbrush by Baby Buddy Review
This baby brush is gaining popularity because of its extremely unique design. We also call this toothbrush as the Baby Buddy 360 toothbrush for easy reference. That is because this toddler toothbrush comes with a 360 round brush design.
The unique design ensures that your baby gets a good cleaning of his/her mouth. This toothbrush comes with 10 times more bristles that enables greater removal of food particles. Moreover, it massages your little one’s gums and tongue.
You will find this toothbrush to dry off quickly as well. This feature makes it more durable
Features of Brilliant Baby Toothbrush by Baby Buddy
- Made from BPA free material
- Available in 6 different colors to choose from
- 360 degree bristles around brush head
- Weighs around 0.48 ounces
9. Best Shape Baby Toothbrush - Nuby 4 Stage Oral Care Set System Review
You will be surprised to know that caring for teeth and brushing has several stages. This toddler toothbrush is specially designed for stage 4. In stage 4, brushing with a toothbrush starts.
This toothbrush comes in a set and is great for babies that are ready to start brushing their teeth on their own. Because of the design of this toothbrush, it is easy for parents and babies to grab it firmly.
The perfect size of this toothbrush protects your baby’s primary set of teeth. Different colors and designs will make it fun for your baby to brush their teeth happily.
Best Toddler Toothbrush: Features of Nuby 4 Stage Oral Care Set System
- Bristles are made of gentle nylon
- Made with BPA free materials
- You will receive one of the following colors: pink/green, aqua/green or red/blue
- This set is created for oral care stage 4
10. Best Shape Baby Toothbrush - RADIUS Pure Baby Toothbrush Review
What makes this toothbrush stand out from others is the fact that it is simple, sensitive, and effective. We found the design of this toothbrush to be great for kids with ages from 6 months to 18 months. It gently massages your baby’s teeth and gums, and removes germs and plaque buildup.
For toddlers and parents, this toothbrush is also easy to hold. This brush is also safe to use as it is made without the use of harmful chemicals, dyes, or BPA.
The bristles on the RADIUS Pure Baby Toothbrush are luxuriously soft. Hence, it provides a gentle brushing experience and prevents your little one from injuring himself/herself while using it.
Features of RADIUS Pure Baby Toothbrush
- Created from dye and BPA free material
- Each brush head features over 8,000 bristles
- Soft and gentle on gums
- Removes plaque buildup
How is A Toddler Toothbrush Different From A Normal Toothbrush?
A normal toothbrush may be too rough for a little kid. Since kids are sensitive little creatures, they need soft stuff to use. Toddler toothbrushes are specially designed for this purpose. They provide an easy grip to the baby’s little hands. Moreover, they come in fun designs and colors to make brushing fun for toddlers.
At What Age Can My Toddler Start Using The Electric Toothbrush?
Ideally, it is advised to use an electric toothbrush if your child is over the age of 3. So, ideally 4 years old is the age when your toddler can start using an electric toothbrush. Since electric toothbrushes are a little tricky to handle than manual toothbrushes, parent supervision is always necessary. You can say they are safe to use when your child has grown a little and has some practice of brushing their teeth.
How Many Kinds of Toothbrushes Are There?
While buying a toothbrush for your toddler, you will have to choose from several different kinds. Here are the three most famous kinds of toddler toothbrushes available:
- Manual Toothbrushes: This type of toothbrush is the best for kids to help them in their early training. They have a larger head and more bristles, that help your child to reach their back teeth.
- Finger Toothbrushes: Finger toothbrushes are considered to be extra soft and work best for kids with only a few teeth.
- Electric Toothbrushes: Many kids are fascinated with electric toothbrushes like they are with any other gadget. They are not that difficult to operate but should be used when our baby crosses a specific age. Some even come with timers and music to help your child brush their teeth in an effective and enjoyable way.
What Should I Look For In A Toddler Toothbrush?
Four things that you need to consider while buying a toddler toothbrush are as follows:
- Protection: Protection should be, without a question, your number one priority before buying a toddler toothbrush. You should make sure to buy a toothbrush that has soft bristles and does not harm your baby’s mouth in any way.
- Effectiveness: The effectiveness is another factor to consider while buying a toddler toothbrush. It is vital to buy the one that removes plaque and food particles from your child’s mouth.
- Age Range: Different toothbrushes are made for specific ages. For example: a finger toothbrush is good for little babies but is not sufficient to clean well when your baby grows up.
- Design: It is important to buy a toothbrush that has a good handle design. That will make it easy for you and your baby to hold it. Moreover, toddler toothbrushes come in a variety of different designs. So, you can choose the one that your child likes best to make him/her look forward to brushing his/her teeth every time.
How Often Do I Need to Change the Head of An Electric Toothbrush?
It is recommended and advised by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) to replace the head of an electric toothbrush every 3 months.
Does A Toddler Toothbrush Play Music?
It mostly depends on the make and brand but yes, some of the toddler toothbrushes do play music. However, some have colorful lights in them while some make animal sounds to make brushing time enjoyable for kids.
How Do I Clean Or Sanitise A Toddler Toothbrush?
Here, we will mention three main methods with which you can sanitise your toddler’s toothbrush.
- You can soak the toothbrush in an antibacterial mouthwash for some time and then clean it with plain water before use.
- You could use a toothbrush sanitiser
You could boil the toothbrush for around three minutes in simmering water.
No compromises should be made when it comes to oral hygiene. Especially for your kids as they are sensitive beings. It doesn’t have to be an epic battle to get your toddler to brush their teeth. While some are resistant, others love to do it from the start. And buying a toddler toothbrush that they find to be fun and easy to use can help them to develop an interest in brushing.
After careful consideration, we would consider the RADIUS Pure Baby Toothbrush to be the winner for us. It is pleasing to know that it is made from BPA free material which makes it safe for your kid to use. Moreover, it has an easy grip and removes plaque from your baby’s mouth in an effective and non-painful way.
This concludes our article on the best toddler toothbrushes. We hope this article helps you in finding the perfect toothbrush for your little one.
Let us know if we missed something.